Thursday, July 5, 2007

Water bombs and empty tables

Well, water bombs are part of life again! I’m back in Romania and truth be told, I’ve missed those bombs, well, missed throwing them anyway.
As always, its strange coming back to the house we have here which has so many memories. The house hasn’t really changed much in these years. I vividly remember looking at this place when it was only a building site and the hopes and dreams that I had for it then. Some of them have been realized, some have been shattered. Some still live on…..

This morning some of the older girls that we know started drifting in, Elena, Lori-lay, Raluka. This afternoon Claudia will come and tonight we will all go out to celebrate Elena’s 21st birthday, which is tomorrow. I can’t believe she’s 21!

Last night local taxi legend Danny de Vito picked us up at the airport in his new car. It has “conditioned air and windows electronique” as he told us, after greeting me with the usual little bow and the “Mister Trevor” spiel.


He was so proud of the car that when we stopped at McDonald’s on the way to the villa he had his food brought out to him so that he could “stand guard” at the car.

The one thing I always forget about this place is the natural beauty. Sitting outside on the deck is so relaxing at night (way too warm during the day, 32 at the moment). So hopefully I’ll get rid of a couple of tons of stress (that’s just leave about three more to deal with at home!)

It’s been strange not having the usual suspects here this time round. We’ve three new ladies with us (who have settled in really well),


but I miss the old guard. Just wasn’t the same without Pete standing in the kitchen this morning when I got up, and the table wasn’t set…….

It’s the fourth of July today and we have a FF team in Connswater. Seems like a parallel universe. And at the moment makes me glad to be in this one……..

No comments: